Listen to this episode:
As someone who grew up with a clear message to make myself indispensable in any situation, hustling and making things happen are almost second nature to me. But hustling can lead to a lot of frenetic business growth and personal overwhelm. I know because I have been there many times in my life. This hustle mentality is certainly encouraged by our culture with little isms like “the early bird gets the worm”, “hustle brings the dollar” and others. And although many of us who are business owners started our own businesses to rebel against that kind of hustle culture – I’ve often found that business owners are horrible bosses to themselves and end up doing too much just for the sake of growing their business. In this episode, I explore the hustle mindset and share with you ways to become more intentional about your growth without always having to bump into new obstacles that thwart upward momentum.
In this episode:
- Defining hustle culture. 3:12
- Growing up in a hustle culture. 5:46
- Antidote to hustle culture. 8:22
- Redefining success. 11:51
- Reflecting on your patterns. 14:13
- Hustling doesn’t make you more money. 16:54
References from this episode:
- Bite Sized Mindset Shift: Expanding Into Time – lindamperry.com/library
Click here to download the transcript.