One of the things I don’t often talk about on the podcast is my constant fascination and observation about the ways we run away from ourselves. We live in a society that glorifies numbing out as a way of dealing with discomfort and I see that more and more the business world seems to address stress, anxiety and crisis with substance. I know personally I have had those days where wine becomes the go-to as a way to destress, but in reality it makes things worse. I also have seen people abstain but still struggle with finding greater satisfaction. Today on the Mindset First Podcast I want to break through all this and redefine success through Soulbriety. Dr. Elisa Hallerman is the author of this incredible book that I recently listened to and read that has made a big impact on how I face the obstacles to success – whether it’s in my personal or business life. I felt compelled to share her with you because every day I see so many of us dealing with trauma – and brush it aside as nothing. Today we talk about why it’s so important to heal our trauma so we can return to our soul and that place where we get to experience true success. I’m beyond thrilled for you to listen.
In this episode:
- Dr. Hallerman’s story with substance use. 5:15
- Defining success with your soul. 13:19
- Spiritual practice of growing down. 17:57
- Healing trauma. 23:29
- Unconscious complexes. 36:26
- What is Soulbriety and soul work. 44:01
- Closing remarks. 47:28
Where to Find Dr. Hallerman:
- Instagram: @drelisahallerman
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/elisa.hallerman
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/elisa-hallerman-43959162
References from this episode:
Click here to download the transcript.