Listen to the episode:
I can now think back to all the times in my life where I felt like things were falling apart and see how they were actually falling together. But when I was in the middle of the pain and the change, I couldn’t see anything but the pain. Whether it was my divorce, struggles with my kids, overwhelm with my business, losing a client, or just feeling shame. I just wanted to hide and cry. I would always wonder why me and couldn’t see the point of what I was going through.
But the truth is is that each of these moments now define how I show up for myself and others. And each moment has taught me that when things are falling apart, there is tremendous room for growth.
I’m now able to see through my pain and can be more grateful. And want to share with you how you too can do that no matter what hurdle you encounter in your life. So let’s really dive in and see how we can learn to embrace your breakthrough as growth.
In this episode:
- Focusing on the really difficult moments in life. 2:10
- Real examples of past struggles and hardships. 3:30
- Analyzing your internal dialogue. 5:30
- The pressure of being a business owner while things are falling apart. 7:30
- Facing a turning point in your life. 9:20
- How our expectations impact the meaning we make out of situations. 12:00
- Why do we stop dreaming big? 14:30
- Identifying the lessons in our pain. 15:30
- Integrating the lessons you learn into the way you live your life. 18:40
- Running your business with intentionality. 19:45
References from this episode:
- Unstoppable by Linda Perry
Click here to download the transcript from this episode.