Listen to the episode:
There comes a time in all of our businesses where we become the problem. We become that cog that slows growth and prevents us from reaching that next level that we so desire. We struggle to get stuff done. We have a hard time delegating. We’re involved in every single part of our business and it feels overwhelming.
It’s that point where you become the bottleneck. If you’re a business owner, chances are that you’ve experienced yourself being that bottleneck, that thing that slows down your business. And it’s not fun. I know personally. I have seen how I get there and how my mindset drives me to believe that I have to be a part of everything in my business. The truth is, that kind of thinking is what slows the growth of your business down.
Today, I sit down with the amazing Karen Sergeant. Karen helps CEOs with operational planning to support six and seven figure launches and businesses. She’s the creator of Bottleneck Rx, which helps CEOs remove themselves as the bottleneck in their growing business. And she works back pocket with CEOs on strategy, operational planning, forecasting, and systems.
What I love about Karen most is that she gets that systems alone aren’t the solution. And that you have to begin with mindset if you want to kick your business into high gear. I’m excited for you to listen and tune into Karen’s wisdom so you can free yourself from being stuck in your own personal bottleneck.
In this episode:
- What is the CEO bottleneck? 3:45
- How to know if you’re the bottleneck in your business. 5:30
- Karen’s firsthand experience with the CEO bottleneck. 7:30
- The benefits of running into the bottleneck in your business. 11:10
- Examples of what a bottleneck may look like. 12:30
- Clarifying your bigger picture. 14:30
- How your bottleneck sets an upper limit for your business. 16:15
- Identifying the sources of overwhelm and overload that you’re facing. 18:45
- How to start identifying and shifting your habits. 21:55
- How important is mindset when it comes to the bottleneck problem? 27:30
- Getting your team on board with changes in your business. 29:00
- The first steps that you can take right now. 31:45
Where to find Karen:
References from this episode:
- Unstoppable by Linda Perry
- Vision Driven Leader by Michael Hyatt
- The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks
- Kolbe A Index
Click here to download the transcript from this episode.