Listen to the episode:
This week on the Mindset First podcast, I wanted to dive into a topic I’ve been thinking about quite a bit. It seems that every time I open my email inbox or hop onto social media I find someone else sharing something that feels either a bit controversial, super intimate or I’ll be honest – a bit of an overshare. And these aren’t people who are sharing from their personal profiles – but their business profiles.
It is certainly stuff that stops you in the middle of your scroll, and can even be something you decide to either applaud or back away from like a car wreck that you don’t want to be a part of, but it got me thinking about how much we should share as business owners. So, this week on the podcast I wanted to explore that topic from the aspect of mindset and some of the things some very wise teachers and mentors taught me. I also share a bit of my thoughts from a business perspective to help guide you in thinking about this for your business.
So, I encourage you to buckle up for this one and listen somewhere you can really tune in without distraction because there’s a lot in this episode!
In this episode:
- Considering the concept of vulnerability online. 3:00
- Looking to your audience and what matters to them. 6:00
- Sharing with your business vision in mind. 7:20
- The risk of sharing something that’s charged. 10:30
- Questions to ask yourself before you share. 13:10
- Processing before posting. 16:20
- Are you hiding the real you by not sharing? 21:30
- When sharing is an act of self-sabotage. 23:30
- How to decide when to share. 25:30
References from this episode:
Click here to download the transcript from this episode.