Listen to the episode:
Today I sit down with an award-winning email copywriter and businesswoman, Brenna McGowan. Brenna shares her personal story of building her business in her 40s and facing all the stories she told herself about how she couldn’t do what she set out to do and built a business where she helps clients tell everyday stories that fill up their own program.
Going from a stay-at-home mom who just wanted to make an extra 500 bucks two years ago to a booked up, in-demand copywriter working alongside some of the biggest names in the space – she faced all kinds of stories that she was too old, that she had nothing unique to offer and that she wasn’t worthy of success. So many of us tell ourselves similar stories and it can hold us back.
We talk about how mindset has supported her in getting to the next level and how when she gave herself permission to do the thing, she was able to move forward.
In this episode we talk about:
- Setting your pricing and knowing your worth. 11:00
- How to stop letting the stories we tell ourselves hold us back. 16:00
- How owning your self-worth can help you grow your business. 22:30
- Giving yourself permission to succeed. 29:00
- Pivoting within your business. 32:30
Where to find Brenna:
References from today’s episode:
- Mindsetters – lindamperry.com/mindsetters
- Laura Belgray – https://talkingshrimp.com/
- Marisa Corcoran – https://marisacorcoran.com/
Click here to download the transcript for this episode.