Listen to the episode:
I often talk about how hard it is to ask for help – especially when we have limiting beliefs around being a burden or bothering people. We hate to ask because we worry that someone might not like us or even be upset. But for some of you, asking is especially hard when you’re the person who people turn to.
There are some added layers of belief that make it hard to ask for help or even know what kind of support you might need – whether it’s for your business or for your personal life. I really wanted to touch on this topic here because this comes up for so many of you who are used to being the person for your clients, your friends or your family – which leaves you unsure how to ask, who to ask or even what to ask.
So, this is an opportunity for you to tap into learning how to get the support you need so you’re not so overwhelmed constantly by the work you have! So, let’s dive in.
In this episode:
- Being the person that everyone goes to. 3:15
- Internalized beliefs around asking for help. 4:00
- Identifying where you need help. 5:20
- Spending money on support for yourself. 7:30
- The impact on your mindset if you don’t have the help you need. 9:20
- Why we help others over ourselves. 12:25
- The cost of being there for everyone else. 13:30
- Being honest with yourself about these costs. 15:20
- The first step to take now. 18:25
References from this episode:
- Unstoppable – Linda Perry
Click here to download the transcript from this episode.