Listen to the episode:
Today’s guest describes herself as a heavily tattooed, colorful (in language and in skin coverings) rocker-turned-marketer with a specialty in direct response marketing.
In the last decade Angie Colee’s work has made over $30 million in sales. She’s worked with and written for some pretty big businesses and names – including Lowe’s, Masterclass, Kevin Rogers (founder of Copy Chief), and Jeff Walker (creator of Product Launch Formula). She’s also in the middle of a bit of a pivot with a platform she calls Permission to Kick Ass which focuses on showing freelancers how to really thrive instead of getting stuck in a soul-sucking routine. We spend a lot of time talking about the ways we give away our power and what you can do to reclaim it and I’ll be honest – Angie’s vulnerability during this episode blew me away. Toward the end of our conversation she shares about some personal experiences she’s going through right now and how she’s managed to stay in the discomfort so she can truly live her truth. You’ll want to listen.
In this episode we talk about:
- Facing the fears of freelance work and the potential of failure. 6:30
- Redefining your relationship with fear. 11:00
- Permission to Kick Ass and the traps many entrepreneurs fall into. 17:00
- Understanding your value and holding your boundaries. 25:30
Where to find Angie:
References from today’s episode:
- Mindsetters – lindamperry.com/mindsetters
- The Well-Fed Writer by Peter Bowerman
- Kevin Rogers – Copy Chief
- Jeff Walker – Product Launch Formula
Click here to download the transcript for this episode.