Listen to the episode:
I don’t know if it’s just me, but there seems to be a lot of talk about burnout these days. Not just business owners, but everybody feeling exhausted, unable to focus and stressed to the point where they’re feeling like that focus is just something they can’t reach. And while burnout can hit at any point, right now, where we are in the world and all of us feeling so tentative, burnout is a natural consequence of being in this constant high state of alert.
So on today’s episode, I wanted to take a deep dive into this really important topic to go into some of the reasons we experience burnout and how we’re actually conditioned to just sort of get to that spot of constantly dealing with stress. So I wanted to explore this topic. It’s something I have been thinking about for a long time, something I’ve been reading about, and I’m going to share some great resources today. And we’re going to talk about ways to better deal with the exhausting stress in your life.
Let’s get this conversation started.
In this episode we talk about:
- Defining burnout and the physical symptoms you may experience. 2:30
- What leads to the feeling of burnout? 9:30
- Identifying the root cause of your burnout. 15:00
- Identifying what you can and cannot control. 21:00
- Focusing on the power of “one” as a solution to burnout. 26:00
References from today’s episode:
- Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle by Emily and Amelia Nagoski
- Setting Boundaries Will Set You Free with Nancy Levin
- REAL Mindset Hacks downloadable freebie
Click here to download the transcript for this episode.