Listen to the episode:
You know how with some people you meet and you feel as if you’ve known each other forever? Like you can already read each other’s minds and know you already agree on so much. Well that’s how it was with today’s podcast guest. Belinda Weaver will tell you she’s an Australian living in California with her husband, two small humans and pug (who I’ll admit seems like a fabulous character).
Belinda helps people write copy that makes them money through her business Copywrite Matters. Whether it’s teaching copywriters how to run successful businesses or business owners how to write more effective copy, Belinda offers courses, coaching and mentoring that builds skills and confidence. She’s also the co-host of a podcast called Hot Copy. Belinda is someone who truly understands that working on her mindset is the key to success – she is someone who walks her walk and puts in the work.
On today’s episode, Belinda and I talk about what it takes to shine a spotlight on your business. Rather than thinking you have to be a unique unicorn in your industry, you just have to be the one people choose. She shares a three step process of how to shine a spotlight on the aspects of your business that help prospective clients choose you.
I hope you get as much out of this episode as I do and learn how to stand out in your business in a new way.
In this episode we talk about:
- Belinda’s beginnings as a remote, international copywriter 5:30
- What it means to shine a spotlight on your business and begin differentiating yourself from those around you. 9:00
- The three areas to focus your spotlight:
- On your business – what you do that no one else does or no one else talks about doing. 16:30
- On your customers: connecting with them and their lives. 22:00
- On yourself: the little hooks that draw people in. 23:00
- How the spotlight method has impacted Belinda’s business over years of growth and evolution. 30:00
- Steps you can take now to begin shining a spotlight on your own business. 33:15
- How to move past your mindset blocks to ask your clients for testimonials. 36:45
Where to find Belinda:
References from today’s episode:
- Linda’s Mindsetters Membership
Click here to download the transcript for this episode.